Sales Representative, U.S. Market with Hospitals and Health Care Professionals
Who We Are:
Bravado Designs Ltd. is an Intimate Apparel Company started 22 years ago by two entrepreneurial Moms in the kitchen. Our unwavering commitment to support expectant and nursing Moms to achieving breastfeeding success on their terms with superior comfort is a beautiful journey to be celebrated. Our pioneering approach to addressing evolving needs has resulted today in a wide range of products, and enabled us to support women through community initiatives and philanthropic partnerships.
We are entrepreneurial, spirited, confident, bold and daring, fun-loving and authentic. We are a leader in quality, design and innovation. Our decisions are guided by our team of respectful, collaborative, positive, energetic, action-oriented, results-driven people who take personal ownership and accountability.
Bravado Designs Ltd., a Medela Company, is located at 41 Hollinger Road in Toronto, Ontario. Our office is fragrance-free.
What is the Opportunity?
Position Title: Sales Representative, U.S. Market with Hospitals and Health Care Professionals
This person is expected to execute sales strategies, develop growth initiatives and participate in achieving the Company’s 5 year strategic plan for growth in the U.S. Hospital and Health Care Professional channels.
- Accelerate the penetration of Bravado products at U.S. hospital accounts such as women, infant and children hospitals, women’s health, home-based professionals
- Identify and initiate contact with new prospective sales leads by phone, establish rapport and build trust in developing a relationship with the account to secure and grow new business opportunities
- Follow established sales techniques to gather data, connect with key decision maker(s) and/or boutique managers, actively listen to new clients, fully understand their business, uncover their problems, relate our product offerings to meet their needs to close the sale
- Work closely with Sales Representative colleagues in U.S. for lead generation and account contacts
- Research, identify accounts in geographical locations, and prepare bids within the approved format and timeframe to secure multi-year government hospital bids and contracts in the U.S. hospital market
- Manage accounts with a regular replenishment order pattern as follows:
-Prepare monthly summary highlighting account insights / interactions and opportunities
-Manage sales promotions proactively to achieve successful results
-Participate in special events
-Build credibility and relations with customers and secure their trust to ensure regular order replenishment
- Establish a daily call cycle with customers by phone, email, conference calls and face-to-face meetings with key strategic customers
- Manage internal reporting of calls made and revenue generated weekly, monthly, quarterly
- Communicate, promote the value of our products and manage incoming business enquiries from customers and proactively share new information about new products, promotions and other specials to work with the customers for the right assortment for their needs
- Persuade accounts over the phone and via email communication to commit to placement of a sales order
- Achieve customer satisfaction through the use of phones, face-to-face and Skype appointments, and written communications to maintain and enhance high standards of customer engagement
- 2-3 years of direct selling experience in the medical sales, or consumer packaged goods, apparel or related products (previous lingerie selling would be considered an asset)
- 2 years of selling experience to Hospital Boutiques, independent and specialty retailers, hospital and/or retail
- Previous cold calling, sales techniques experience (completion of sales training is ideal)
- Excellent communication skills – verbal, written, presentation and persuasion skills
- Excellent interpersonal and listening skills
- Proven critical thinking skills necessary for problem-solving, conflict resolution, decision-making
- Effective time management, planning and execution skills
- Demonstrated strong organizational skills to manage multiple priorities
- Ability to research key contacts for prospective accounts, and government hospital bids and contracts
- Demonstrated ability to analyze business data, and recommend solutions and opportunities
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office, such as Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint
- Post-secondary education
- This role is based at the Toronto office and travel is required to the U.S. This person must have a valid driver’s license and passport
- Enthusiastic about and aligned with our mission to help every new mother have a successful breastfeeding experience
- Results-oriented, highly motivated, enthusiastic individual who takes ownership for the portfolio
- Collaborative style in a team-oriented environment, yet works effectively on an independent basis
- Takes initiative, and is flexible, adaptable and resilient in approach
- Ability to quickly develop rapport and trust
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package.
If you are interested in this opportunity and have the skills and experience required, we invite you to send your covering letter and resume to: email@example.com and in the subject line quote “Sales Specialist U.S. Mkt 2014-04”. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.