Fit Model – Independent Contract
Location – Toronto
At Bravado Designs, our purpose is to inspire every new Mom to breastfeed and help support her to succeed in her breastfeeding journey.
We believe that our success is dependent on the superior design in our products and a very strong collaboration and bond between our sales, design and marketing teams to deliver a great brand experience.
The Fit Model assists the Technical Design Department to deliver both Design’s creative vision and Bravado Mom’s expectations through fit, construction and quality of our product by representing Bravado Mom’s sample size, shape, and appearance within a scent and smoke free environment.
- Understand Design’s aesthetic intent
- Provide honest opinion on styling when asked, in a professional manner
- Maintain body shape, tone and measurements within tolerances of Bravado’s standard size 38D, E or F as follows:
Rib Band between 37” to 39” and Chest Measurement between 42” to 44”
- Consistently provide honest fit and functionality feedback to cross functional team.
- Provide feedback on construction when appropriate
Sample Development & Approval
- Maintain professional appearance, behaviour and proper personal hygiene during fittings and executive meetings
- Proactively communicate when body measurements aren’t meeting specifications as a reminder to fit participants
- Must be comfortable trying on garments with our Design and Operations team members, some of which are male employees
- We require ‘headless pictures’ in garments for internal use only. These pictures are kept confidential
Additional duties and responsibilities may be added or modified as required.
- Fit Models must maintain sizing of 38D, E or F, Rib Band measurements of 37” to 39” and Chest between 42” to 44” and be natural with no artificial enhancements
- Visit this link (http://bravadodesigns.ca/pages/fitting-room) for a step-by-step guide to help assist you in determining your size
- Prior experience as a professional model or a fit model is an asset but not required
- Must work out of the Bravado Toronto Head Office
- Fitting sessions are conducted weekdays between the hours of 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. with flexibility to work a varied schedule from week to week depending on need
- Schedules will be confirmed one week in advance on an as-needed basis Minimum 2 hours paid per fitting session
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time
- Fit Models must be comfortable trying on garments with our design team, and manufacturing team members, some of which are male employees
- As a Fit Model, we require ‘headless pictures’ in garments for internal use only. These pictures are kept confidential in a secure manner and are only viewed by necessary individuals during the product development process. Successful candidates will be required to sign a document indicating their agreement
- Applicants must have excellent verbal communication skills, a professional manner and appearance, maintain proper personal hygiene standards, be dependable and committed
- Applicants must come to work fragrance free. Bravado will provide fitting clothing of leggings, tank top and fit bra. Bravado will provide 2 sets of leggings, tank tops, and a selection of fit bras to wear to the office. Fit models are responsible for the care of their fitting clothing
Essential Requirements within Bravado’s culture:
- Demonstrates the key Bravado Values and must be: Collaborative, Respectful, Fantastic, Optimistic, Accountable
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Excellent team work and collaboration skills
- Knowledge of the intimate apparel industry is a plus
- Knowledge of garment manufacturing is a plus
Fit Model is an independent contract position and paid on an hourly basis for a minimum of two hours per session.
If you are interested in this opportunity and have the skills and experience required, we invite you to send your covering letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org and in the subject line quote the position title and date of application. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Bravado Designs Ltd. is committed to providing a barrier-free work environment in concert with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. As such, Bravado Designs Ltd. will make accommodations available to applicants with disabilities upon request during the recruitment process.