At Bravado Designs, our purpose is to inspire every new Mom to breastfeed and help support her to succeed in her breastfeeding journey.
We believe that our success is dependent on the superior design in our products and a very strong collaboration and bond between our sales, design and marketing teams to deliver a great brand experience.
Reporting to the Design Manager, the Designer is accountable for the execution of the design vision for Bravado Designs throughout the entire product development process while working collaboratively with cross-functional teams. This is accomplished by leading the team through internal and external trend and colour research, competitive shopping analysis, and overall understanding of the nursing and maternity garment product categories.
The Designer has an excellent design aesthetic, and a thorough understanding of industry standard manufacturing processes and standards as it relates to the lingerie/maternity/nursing categories.
- Accountable for:
- Tracking and management of all files within the Design folder including garment sketches, palettes, and research documents
- Organizing and maintaining the Bravado fabric, trim, and inspiration garment library
- Participating in departmental and cross-departmental meetings as appropriate
- Mastering the Stage Gate and Product Development Processes at Bravado as they relate to the Design Department
- Be accountable to ensure milestone deadlines are met
- Accountable for:
- Researching and understanding sales and market trends, customer attitudes, and behaviour
- Researching aspirational/runway trends, marketplace bestsellers, competitor collections as they relate Bravado Designs
- Following blogs, websites, magazines, predictives and all sources of information in the Women’s Casual Apparel, Lingerie, Maternity and Nursing segments in support of research with Design Manager
- Going on competitive shopping trips and attending trade shows, as required
- Identifying key must-have items, silhouettes, colours, and pattern direction
- Researching and developing new fabrics, trims, finishes, techniques, and technology
- Attending Mill and Trim Supplier meetings to research and develop new fabrics, finishes, and trims
- Presenting new concepts to leadership and cross functional teams on a seasonal basis
- Creating mood and inspiration boards on a seasonal basis
- Completing hand and Illustrator conceptual sketches to communicate new concepts
- Accountable for:
- Collaboratively and strategically developing a seasonal line which addresses key must-have items, and sales and marketing feedback
- Translating research into seasonal collections
- Collaborating with Sourcing to find and develop seasonally appropriate fabrics, trims, and finishes
- Developing seasonal colour palettes and colouring up-the-line
- Developing print and pattern artwork for both garments and fabrics
SAMPLE DEVELOPMENT AND APPROVAL
- Accountable for:
- Managing the successful handoff of style sketches and details to the Technical Design Team to be translated into a 1st Proto
- Creating and updating style sketches
- Creating and updating the “Bill of Materials”
- Participating in fittings and ensure the design vision and fit intent is clearly communicated to the Technical Design Team
- Collaborating with Quality Assurance, Purchasing, and Design colleagues to ensure there are no potential quality assurance issues
- Collaborating with cross-functional departments to prepare and present at company meetings where appropriate
Additional duties and responsibilities may be added or modified as required throughout the course of your employment.
- Post-secondary education in Fashion Design
- Minimum of 5 years Industry experience in a related position
- Proven track record for delivering successful product to market
- Excellent knowledge of Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop and In Design preferred
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Outlook, Power Point and Word
- Patternmaking experience is an asset
Essential Requirements within Bravado’s culture:
- Demonstrates the key Bravado Values and must be: Collaborative, Respectful, Fantastic, Optimistic, Accountable
- Enthusiastic about and aligned with our values
- Excellent understanding of the Bravado aesthetic
- Knowledge of the intimate apparel industry is preferred
- Great understanding of garment manufacturing
- Results-oriented, highly motivated, enthusiastic individual who takes ownership
- Collaborative style in a team-oriented environment, yet works effectively on an independent basis
- Takes initiative, and is flexible, adaptable and resilient in approach
- Ability to quickly develop rapport and trust
- Excellent communication skills – verbal, written, and presentation skills, excellent email etiquette, and persuasion skills, plus the ability to communicate concisely and clearly with people in other cultures, as required
- Proven research and critical thinking skills necessary for problem-solving, conflict resolution, decision-making
- Effective time management, planning, and execution skills
- Proven skill set as a strategic thinker with the ability to plan and execute and achieve results
- Demonstrated strong organizational skills to manage multiple priorities, and follow up
- Enthusiastic about and aligned with our mission to help every new mother have a successful breastfeeding experience
Travel & Logistics Requirements:
- Must work out of the Bravado Toronto office
- Core office hours are Monday – Friday 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Bravado Designs is fragrance-free environment
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package.
Bravado Designs Ltd. is committed to providing a barrier-free work environment in concert with the
Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. As such, Bravado Designs
Ltd. will make accommodations available to applicants with disabilities upon request during the recruitment process.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this opportunity and have the skills and experience required, we invite you to send your
covering letter and resume to: email@example.com and in the
subject line quote the position title and
date of application. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity, however, only those selected for an interview
will be contacted.