At Bravado Designs, our purpose is to inspire every new Mom to breastfeed and help support her to succeed in her breastfeeding journey. We believe that our success is dependent on the superior design in our products and a very strong collaboration and bond between our sales, design, and marketing teams to deliver a great brand experience.
Reporting to the Corporate Controller, the Senior Accountant is expected to ensure accuracy of financial transactions, adherence to Company standards and guidelines and compliance with government regulations.
- Complete financial reporting operational tasks on a daily basis for month end and year end closing
- Complete General Ledger reconciliations
- Prepare monthly GST/HST, VAT; and U.S. Sales Tax filings
- Research and resolve accounting issues, as required, and in consultation with Corporate Controller as required
- Preparation of monthly bank reconciliation, commodity taxes
- Complete monthly journal entries
- Assist with Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable postings
- Prepare working papers for year-end audit
- Assist in the completion of the budget as required
- Participate in special projects and finance initiatives as required
Additional duties and responsibilities may be added or modified as required throughout the course of your employment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business/Commerce, Accounting or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years’ experience corporate accounting experience or equivalent work experience
- Experience working in a multi-currency environment
- Prior experience working in the apparel industry is an asset
- Demonstrated ability to think critically, analyze financial results and report results
- Advanced skills using Microsoft Excel
- Proven results to independently organize, analyze and interpret financial management data to solve management and/or accounting issues
- Experience using an ERP system, Finance module is preferred
Essential Requirements within Bravado’s culture:
- Demonstrates the key Bravado Values and must be: Collaborative, Respectful, Fantastic, Optimistic, Accountable
- Enthusiastic about and aligned with our values
- Results-oriented, highly motivated, enthusiastic individual who takes ownership
- Collaborative style in a team-oriented environment, yet works effectively on an independent basis
- Takes initiative, and is flexible, adaptable and resilient in approach
- Ability to quickly develop rapport and trust
- Excellent communication skills – verbal, written, and presentation skills, excellent email etiquette, and persuasion skills, plus the ability to communicate concisely and clearly with people in other cultures, as required
- Excellent interpersonal and listening skills
- Proven critical thinking skills necessary for problem-solving, conflict resolution, decision-making and researches issues for understanding
- Effective time management and organizational skills, planning and execution skills to manage multiple priorities with follow up
- Proven skill-set as a strategic thinker with the ability to plan and execute and achieve results
Travel & Logistics Requirements:
- Works in the Bravado Toronto office during core office hours Monday - Friday
- Bravado Designs is a fragrance-free environment
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package.
Bravado Designs Ltd. is committed to providing a barrier-free work environment in concert with the
Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. As such, Bravado Designs
Ltd. will make accommodations available to applicants with disabilities upon request during the recruitment process.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this opportunity and have the skills and experience required, we invite you to send your
covering letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org and in the
subject line quote the position title and
date of application. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity, however, only those selected for an interview
will be contacted.